[T3] Question about door handle key set

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Nov 10 20:44:42 PST 2011

On 10 Nov 2011 at 15:36, Norman Roush wrote:

> The release trigger in the driver's side door handle broke in my '68
> Squareback so it no longer releases the door latch.  Is the key set
> removeable from the door handle?  I want to can get a replacement
> handle and insert the key set from the broken one so my key will still
> work.

Outside trigger, right? If it was just the outside finger pull that
broke, you can replace just the handle and trigger and transfer your
original lock cylinder and the piece that it moves to unlock the door
to the "new" handle. That will work fine, except for the fact that
the key number is stamped on the handle, so it will be wrong now.

I can sell you just a bare handle/trigger assy, and you should write
down the key number from your old handle before you throw it away.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org