[T3] Question about door handle key set

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sat Nov 12 06:39:24 PST 2011

In a message dated 11/12/2011 3:03:48 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

> On  my 71 Notch, I just swapped the handles side for side, and didn't
change
>  a thing. :O

I think that will work just fine, as  long as you don't need to
lock/unlock the doors with the key. Or maybe the  key works, but
you've only used it on the left side and the car came to  you with two
left handle setups....  ;-)

Why did you swap  sides?

The key works in either door handle (the car is a 1 key car), and works
just fine like it is.
The reason for swapping them, was that the PO sand scratched the tops of
both handles when he repainted the car. By swapping them, I was able to put
the  better side up. : ) I did however replace both outer door handle seals
when I  painted the car.

Bob 65  Notch  S with sunroof and IRS (Krusty)
71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34  Ghia  (Wolfie)