[T3] great weekend drive

Bryon Garvin spinningrooves at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 21:54:43 PDT 2011

> The resistance is highly dependent on temperature, and the actual
> numbers are quite variable. The resistance comes down dramatically as
> the sensor warms up. Here's what Bosch says it should be:
>
> at 14 F: 7-12 kOhm
> at 68 F: 2-3 kOhm
> at 122 F: 0.68-1.0 kOhm

Ok, thanks.  Yeah I got my 2K value from the website that talks about
testing everything thru the ECU cable.  I'm sure you've seen the site.  It
was for 68F.

> I think it would be hard to tell if the sensor is at fault by looking
> at its resistance as the engine warms up. You have the chicken and
> egg problem: Is the engine hot because the resistance is low, or is
> the resistance low because the engine is hot?

Yeah, you hit it on the head.  I'm still waiting on that next tank of gas
for mileage results.  Shouldn't be long.  I'm almost due for a complete
fillup.  Hope YOUR mileage improves, Jim, over your last numbers !!!!

Thanks,

 - Bryon, '71 Fastback