[T3] 72 FI or compatible

Know One knowonelse at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 4 16:33:58 PDT 2011

> I've been getting my wife to get my speedometers out for me!  She has
> a lot smaller hands to reach that far clip.

Since I have spent a lot of time messing with my instrumentation over the years, I used some strong tape and taped the clips against the speedo body to ease removal. I did both on the clock, so it's easy to remove, then just the left on the speedo as the one on the right is easy to reach with the clock removed. Right now they all are taped down as I expected to remove the speedo due to the needle slipping on the shaft.

I also extended some of the wiring and added ground wires to allow the instruments to be pulled out and still be functional. The ground wires in particular if the clips are covered in tape and to assure grounding. I added a grounding block on the firewall to connect the grounds to. I also added a spot to plug my Volt-Ohm meter into.

Jeff '67 Sqbk