[T3] Passenger side mirror

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Tue Oct 18 20:29:36 PDT 2011

In a message dated 10/18/2011 6:17:54 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
fisherfarms at gmail.com writes:

MAM/Jbugs etc sell a T1 nutplate that works for T3's also.  Be  sure to
weld it in while you can or it falls down inside your door panel  every
time you take your mirror off!  BTDT  square/fasty doors  are the same.

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 2:47 PM, Jesse Hernandez  <spendthrift9 at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am  getting ready for paint and removal of windows, doors and fenders,
>  replacement of rubber on my '67 Fastback.  Since the car will be apart,
> want to add passenger side mirror, and will be drilling the hole.  I
recall
> the earlier posts regarding the procedure.  I have  been to a couple of
> hardware stores but they did not have the correct  size nut.  I know I am
> only going to get one shot at this, and  want to be careful.  Does anyone
> have the correct size nut?  Also, is a '67 Squareback door
inter-changeable
> with a Fastback  door?  Thank you.

The one MAM sells, is aluminum, which doesn't weld well to steel. If I were
 to do it, I'd cut one out of a "bad" left door.
Yes, a Squareback door interchanges with a Fastback door.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)