[T3] ignition wire resistance

crash 69 dhbadeer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 07:43:26 PDT 2011

Had an incident yesterday where a spark plug came loose (fairly new plug).
 I put it back in and found the wire had a crack in the boot.  So, I put an
old wire back on that #2 plug and I'm still having a misfire type symptom.
 The old wire checks out fine, but it's much higher resistance (by design)
than my current set of wires.

Old wire: about 9000 ohms per foot
new ones (bought 5 months ago); about 400 ohms per foot

So, I've got 3 new ones and 1 old.  Will this difference in resistance cause
my symptom or is it something else?  Spark plug looks perfect.

Thanks in advance.
Dan
65 SB
1915cc (best guess)