[T3] Headliner

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 13:06:34 PDT 2011

Bryon -

Sorry ... I can't give you a recommendation in the Portland area at the
moment, but a long-time VW dealer tech and subsequently Regional Service
Mgr. (Chicago, Detroit, San Francisco, etc.) just bought a home in
Vancouver, WA.  He's a real knowledgeable VW guy and knows a lot of VW
people all over the U.S.  I'll ask him & get back to you.  OK?

What color is the headliner that you're replacing?

I have two small "holes" (one, quarter-size and one, dime-size) probably
from mice, years ago.  If I can get a piece (couple of square feet) of
OFF-WHITE headliner for my '69 Variant, I'm going to try to match the
hole-pattern and attempt to make "patches".

Have NOT figured out how to adhere the patches yet.  Would like to make a
neat "fix", without replacing the entire headliner.

Anyone out there "patched" a headliner?  How?

"Frito" -- '69 Variant, FI, MT
Lake Geneva, WI