[T3] The new E Regulator

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Fri Oct 14 19:39:18 PDT 2011

I might have opened my mouth too soon. this morning I started the Square and
the generator light was glowing, as I revved it a little it would get dimmer
but with 25W50 I wasn't going to rev it cold.  After a couple minutes it got
dimmer and finally went out.  The ammeter said it was trying to charge, but
at idle its not going to charge anyway.  When I took it down the road it was
charging and it didn't do it again with several other starts.

I don't think the generator is the problem, its only got 15K on it since I
last rebuilt it and the brushes look fine.

Sigh!  I need to find out the spec's for that diode underneath and replace
it, then my old regulator should be fine.. the wirewound is still good and
all the contact points look good.. Id at least like to have a good spare.

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com
71 Squareback "Hothe"