[T3] Accelerator Cable Tube Length

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Oct 3 13:10:36 PDT 2011

On 3 Oct 2011 at 10:44, brent at bottolfson.net wrote:

> Thanks to Bobsnotch for pointing out my missing cable sheath.  Would
> anyone have a spare to measure?  Seems the Type 1 replacements are 600
> or 610 mm.

I have good used Type 3 ones here and measured 3 at 598, 602, & 602
mm. The 600 mm Beetle parts may be the same. Keep in mind that the
installation isn't right until the housing slides into the socket in
the engine breast plate and the "socket" on the front end of the
cable slides over the tube coming out of the body.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org