[T3] Fan Belts

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Thu Apr 5 06:36:32 PDT 2012

I tried to send this several times last night. Wasn't sure IF I was kicked
off the list or not.

The very early 6 volt cars used a different belt, but from mid 63 on they
are the same, 9.5 x 1000. I tried to get a 9.5 x 1000 belt today for the
T-34,  as the original 47+ year old belt finally failed, and turned on the gen
light.Here's a link to it;

[img]http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/913209.jpg[/img]
I ended up getting a 7390 from NAPA, as it's a replacement for a 10 x 1005
belt. Fit like it was made for it. I had to ask for a belt for a 66
Squareback,  just so it would appear on the computer screen, as asking for a 64
Ghia, results  in a 10 x 1018 belt, which is too long. Also, t-4's use a
different sized belt  than t-3 do.

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)