[T3] car died on way home

Bryon Garvin spinningrooves at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 19:16:12 PDT 2012

Here's the latest:

My friend 1 hour away mailed me a known good FI relay (under dash).  Before
replacing, I tried to start car.  This time, ONLY 1 CLICK.  Relay under
dash not working.  Tried multiple times.  Priming pump did work, but FI
system wouldn't run pump.

Replaced the relay with known good relay.  Same problem.  1 click only,
from under back seat.

So this is my question....now that the relay under the dash won't click,
the only thing I have done differently is remove the brain and inspect it
like Jim said to do.  I re-installed the brain and then did my tests which
I described above.  Do you think there's a chance that the transistor I was
checking under the heat sink was marginal and I've disrupted it permanently
by wiggling the heat sink?

I think I might be at the point where I need to try a new ECU.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

 - Bryon, 71 Fastback FI/MT