[T3] The Republican Regulator

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sat Apr 28 16:47:01 PDT 2012

I've had to replace more alternators in my watercooled VWs than dynamos in
my aircooled - one alternator wore out its slip rings, another lost its
diode pack.  The dynamos haven't given me any trouble, though I had one VR
go bad when a metallic sweet wrapper got across the ballast resistor
(Kids!).

I don't use much power though - not even a radio!

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club