[T3] Source for '69 Taillight Rubber Seal

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 10:14:40 PDT 2012

Any suggestions for a vendor that sells GOOD quality and "fit"
(repro?) Taillight Rubber Seals for my '69 Squareback?

I've been "nursing" along my original Taillight Rubber Seals, for
years now.  But the "V"-shaped ends are splitting more and more, each
time the car is "cleaned".  Seems like my "helpers" aren't as careful
about the details, as I am.

And with my "anality" ... I sometimes remove the red lens; remove the
taillight assembly from the body; remove the rubber gasket; .... to
get a good coat of Carnauba Wax on the painted surface of the fender,
under the seal.  Then reassemble everything.  And, I supposed that
contributes to the flexing (and destruction) of the 42-year-old
rubber, too.

So-o-o-o ... any suggestion for who sells taillight rubber seals.  My
sources may be outdated.

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)