[T3] Gearlube question

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Tue Apr 24 16:53:44 PDT 2012

A few years ago, Jim told us (as does Bentley) that we need to use GL4  in 
the MT, and GL5 in the final drive of the AT. But what do we use now, as all 
 I can find is GL4,GL5 in the same bottle, or just GL5 all by itself? I'm 
wanting  to change the MT trans oil, and want to make sure I use the correct 
stuff.  In the Bentley, they also call out a Mil spec oil, but, while the 
numbers are  the same, the suffix letter is different. VW wants it to be a 
"B", while the  jugs have either C or D on them. Is this still the same, or is 
it different too.  Thanks for the help.  

Bob 65 Notch  S with sunroof and IRS (Krusty)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.vwtype3.org/private.cgi/type3-vwtype3.org/attachments/20120424/edc1f3e4/attachment.htm>

More information about the type3-vwtype3.org mailing list