[T3] Brake Pad Bonanza!

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Apr 30 09:18:42 PDT 2012

I just got in a LOT of Type 3 brake pad sets, both early and late,
various kinds. To offset what I had to pay for these, and clear out
some room in my basement, I'd like to sell off a few of them ASAP.
These are all good enough quality that I'd be happy to run them on my
own cars.

I can ship some of these in the US in small flat rate Priority Mail
boxes for $6. Large box sets can ship for the same price if I leave
out the box, or fold & crunch the box. If you want more than one set,
let me know what you want and I will let you know what I can do.

Check out the small parts at the bottom at the same time. Some could
ship w/pads for the same low price.

Email to me directly, please.

Earlybird pricing, applies this week only.

Here's what I've got:

Early pads, '66-mid '71, OEM German brands with OE style groove and
composite backing, in various boxes, $25/set. Small boxes.

Early pads, '66-mid '71, organic, Beck/Arnley, made in China but
appear to be good quality with extra steel backing plates bonded to
regular steel backing plates, diagonal groove in pad. $20/set. Large
boxes

Late pads, mid '71-73, organic, made in China but appear to be good
quality with extra steel backing plates bonded to regular steel
backing plates, diagonal groove in pad. Some in Beck Arnley boxes,
but all look exactly alike, $30/set. Large boxes.

Also, late Type 4/late 914 pads. Same footprint as late Type 3/early
Type 4/914, but thicker. If you have a 914 you know what these are. I
have several sets here that I'm not likely to sell soon, good
quality, various makers, clearance priced, $20/set. In small boxes or
no boxes.

Also available new, my regular prices:

Early pad spreader springs: $5 each

Late piston alignment/retainer plates: $5 each

IRS brake hoses: F $15, LR $18, RR $21, set of 4, $60.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org