[T3] Replacing fuel lines & injectors

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Aug 6 11:48:40 PDT 2012

On 6 Aug 2012 at 11:22, Jacob Adam Schroeder wrote:

> Thanks Adriel.  When you say to use F.I. hose clamps, what do you mean?  I
> have been using the standard hose clamps in the past without problems.

The worm gear hose clamps work just fine in most places. I've found
that they don't work as well on the tubes that pass thru the pan,
because those tubes just have cylindrical ends, without barbs. All
the other fuel fittings have barbs (bulged out portions at the ends,
that seal against the ID of the hose) and the clamps go behind the
barbs and only serve to keep the hose from popping off the fitting.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org