[T3] Replacing fuel lines & injectors

Adriel Rowley adriel_rowley at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 7 10:00:22 PDT 2012

> From: jadney at vwtype3.org
> To: type3 at vwtype3.org
> Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 22:12:23 -0500
> Subject: Re: [T3] Replacing fuel lines & injectors
>
> On 6 Aug 2012 at 14:31, Adriel Rowley wrote:
>
> > The trouble with them is the worm drive can cut into the rubber when
> > they are properly tightened.
>
> If you tighten them that hard, that would be IMproperly tightened.
> They don't need to be nearly that tight.

Then why did they leak air and/or gasoline? The 7mm hoses from the rip
off shop especially did. Maybe the too tightness caused improper sealing?

The air might have been due to the fact that 5/16" hose doesn't work for
the M.P.S. hose. Just one of the many things that need to be done
properly (sealed it with rubber in a tube)... Maybe need to start a new
topic...

> Just another example of how wrong the Sophomore Theorem can be.
>
> Sophomore Theorem: If some is good, more is better.

Thus, a good reason to use a torque wrench, especially if you are skinny
and have Autism. ;/ Think that is why my head studs pulled... But, thanks
to Christian of Air Cooled Syndicate, never will have that happen: taught
me how to properly use a torque wrench, and will never forget either.

Thank you,
Adriel