[T3] GPS recommendations?

R. David rdavid at rochester.rr.com
Fri Aug 10 20:46:49 PDT 2012

Good decision Jim, they are handy to have!

We too have a Garmin, and we like it alot for our road trips. It has
performed very well for us, and it is what we used to lead thru Colorado
Springs to the hotel :-). What seemed a weird way to get there (going thru
crossroads) turned out to be a good shortcut to get us to the hotel. I have
trusted ours alot and we always find it gets us to our destination. I drive
while Gail does all the GPS searches for what is in the area (food, hotels,
gas and such)

That being said, I too have moved to a Smartphone and I use the Google
navigation on my phone instead of the GPS when I travel for work (less to
carry for a business trip). It works extremely good too, but I think you are
not at that point where you want to invest in a Smartphone yet.

So I would recommend the Garmin too. I have to admit, now that we use GPS
for our road trips; I find myself not being so anal about having road maps
all highlighted up for Gail to read ;-). I still bring maps "just in case"
(they are free from AAA), but we rarely need to use them anymore.

Dave Pallo
'72 Square ~ "Elwood"
Fairport, NY