[T3] 2014 Invasion Update

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Sun Aug 12 17:43:10 PDT 2012

Sounds like a lot of fun! COOL!

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com
71 Squareback "Hothe"
65 Notchback "El Baja Rojo"
65 Squareback "Eggcrate"
87 golf "Winterat"
93 RX7 "Redstur"

-----Original Message-----
From: type3-vwtype3.org-bounces at lists.vwtype3.org
[mailto:type3-vwtype3.org-bounces at lists.vwtype3.org] On Behalf Of R. David
Sent: Saturday, August 11, 2012 2:09 PM
To: type3 at vwtype3.org
Subject: [T3] 2014 Invasion Update

Turn on your TV's tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon to ESPN and checkout at least
some of the NASCAR race at Watkins Glen.
Now imagine our type 3's going around on the same track! We now have a
tentative commitment from Watkins Glen Race Track for us to drive our type
3's around the entire race course on Friday, June 20th, 2014!
Our type 3's will probably be a bit slower, and we probably won't attract as
much of a crowd, but we will have the track to ourselves (along with one
track vehicle) for 3 full laps. As long as we have at least 15 type 3's on
that day; we will get a discount rate of $15 per VW. Pretty cool, eh?

This also means that the Invasion weekend is tentatively set for that
weekend of June 19 - 22, 2014. I know we usually don't hold such a planned
event on the Invasion Friday, but with this Invasion being held in upstate
New York; I figured we should try to include this option to those who want
to join in the fun!

Dave Pallo
'72 Square ~ "Elwood"
Fairport, NY