[T3] Stock cylinder kits

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Sun Aug 19 08:08:06 PDT 2012

I am indeed interested in the 1500 cylinders, I do have a set of flat top
pistons and rings.  Let me get the motor apart and see what Im dealing with
in totality.

For now im Running the Russian plugs, so far the car hasn't said "Nyet" when
Ive wanted it to go so.... but yea, those German Bosch are a good thing to
have hoarded.  The Russian Bosch just have that tinge of cheapness to them,
they went in and out OK, but the outer electrode looks of poorer quality and
looked chromed to me, the gap's needed opening up too... whereas the German
ones were always perfect.

I put a nice switch on the coil to switch in and out the Mark 10, but Im
inclined to keep it on as I want to make my last set of Lubripoints last.
Now that everything is tuned up Ill have to see if that low RPM miss and
slightly ratty idle is still there with the Mark 10, the idle was smooth
when I was adjusting it yesterday but the engine had not warmed up fully
yet.

Thanks,

Keith

Top Notch Restorations