[T3] Stock cylinder kits

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Aug 21 19:55:06 PDT 2012

On 21 Aug 2012 at 21:16, Keith Park wrote:

> I am running the electronic Regulator, and have been since before the
> Invasion, no problems except there is still some low RPM miss.
> What value of cap and inductor does the 10B have on it?

It took me awhile to find my Delta folder, because all that stuff
moved when I retired. I'm still sorting it all out....

Nevertheless, I found that folder and I see that my memory was
faulty. There is no line input LC in the 10B. The trigger circuit is
different, so it's possible that this makes it more line noise
immune. The circuit description says that some of the RCs in the SCR
gate circuit are there to filter out false triggers.

The 10B is more than a 10 with a switch. It's clear that they
improved their circuit over time. In fact, I have schematics for at
least 4 different versions of the Mark 10, and I think there must
have been more, but all the 10B schematics I've found are the same.

For me, however, they have all worked well. I built my first Mark 10
in 1966, and used it, in 2 different cars up until 1978, when I sold
it with the car. Around 1974 I got my first 10B and then acquired
several more over the years. Except for water damage and a single
transistor failure, they've all served me well for nearly 50 years.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org