[T3] giving away 2 TYPE3's

Martinez, Leon B Civ 281 leon.martinez at navy.mil
Fri Aug 17 08:31:49 PDT 2012

Hi, about 10 years ago I stopped posting to this site.
I am leon from San Diego but live in Tijuana Mexico just across from the border.
A while back my wife bought me a 68 Squareback and became hooked collected a
lot of parts fixed up my car and turned it into my daily driver for work and surfing.

 Well my wife died in 2003 and I have had the car sitting in my backyard after loaning it to
A friend (she broke the tranny governer I think). The squareback is in good shape ,
everything is there, I think it even turns on , has original
Fuel injection and the engine is balanced, I rebuilt this engine and was able to go down the high way at
A constant 80 mph in southern California. I got two tickets one for going 96 and another
Going 94 mph., the fuel injection has been very well groomed in the past, I am a bit of an expert on this
Fuel injection and this car. The governer in the autotranny has problems it kicks like a horse and
Does not shift to third, I am sure it is only the governer, a tranny mechanic can easily fix this.
I have not had the will to fix it. It is the same tranny as some of the newer VW vans
 My wife was my VW partner and ever since she passed away, this and other projects came to an end, I am looking
 For someone who would actually appreciate and have time and is willing to fix and enjoy this car, yes
it is free and comes with a lot of parts, a half a garage full of parts.

 The other car is a blue 73 fasty with original fuel injection and rebuilt auto tranny, the flexplate is broken,
I have a replacement flexplate ( be vaery very carful in installing flexplates in any car, I have a
jeep with a broken flexplate, never intall a flexplate leaving flex tension on it or it will eventually break/crack)
 for it but again do not have the will to fix it up .
I used this car as my fun car to go back and forth around Tijuana and southern California, it used to have a very kicking
Sound system it was my "pimp" car, hehehe, this car has aluminum alloys, also a lot of parts  accumulated in my garage.

All I ask is for someone to go down to Tijuana with a towbar or towtruck and tack it to I's new and better home,
 Cherish them , use them and fix em up , all for free, no partials , take it all. They need love and time.

Leon