[T3] Starting Problems

Terrie Ann Schmearer terrieann.schmearer at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 28 03:01:12 PDT 2012

I have a '72 Fastback. Three times over the last month she has had an odd starting problem. All three times I had been driving between 60 - 63 mph. When I pull off the road and turn her off and then come back to her she won't start. The dash lights light up and I can hear the fuel pump coming on, but nothing happens. No ticking sound, no engine sound. The first time she started on the 3rd try, second time after sitting for 3 hours. Third time I waited two hours and had her towed. She's sitting at my mechanic this morning actually. A friend suggested my starter might be getting too hot. Anyone have any ideas what it is and how to repair it? Thank you. :)