[T3] FI Problem

Robert Rogers rcrogers1 at peoplepc.com
Tue Aug 28 14:43:54 PDT 2012

Jim,

I’m working on a 1978 Type 1 FI system.  I need your expertise.

If I spray starting fluid into the air intake, the car will start and run until the fluid is depleted.

Fuel is getting to the injectors.  However, when the engine is cranked, there is no spray from the injectors.  The injectors are new.

How do I check to determine if the injector wires are providing a signal to open the injectors—check for voltage at the end of the injector wires while the engine is cranked?