[T3] Irregular Idle and Lurching etc....solved...

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Dec 4 19:43:24 PST 2012

On 4 Dec 2012 at 15:17, J. Jonik wrote:

> What solved the problem was -------->  changing the Voltage Regulator.
>  I didn't do any testing with VOM.  Doing that was just one of three
> things to try advised by a VW mechanic acquaintance across town.

The VR is a very common problem that is often overlooked. It's always
the first thing I mention if someone mentions running rich. As Bob
said, we all assumed that you'd checked it, and I don't recall you
mentioning excess richness or poor gas mileage.

Everyone of us should understand how to use a VOM. It's an invaluable
tool that will expand the horizons of those of you who feel
electrically challenged. Take this opportunity to get yours out and
play with it now, so that you won't feel intimidated when the need
arises. It should be no more challenging than a torque wrench.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org