[T3] T3 Front end bushings

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Wed Dec 19 18:09:27 PST 2012

Have I sent you my Front end FAQ?

You eather have an early beam that has been put on the car, they used the
Bakelite bushings ALONE

OR

You have an original beam that originally had metal bushings pressed into
Bakelite SLEEVES that were pressed into the lower tubes.  You only supposed
to pull out the metal bushings and replace them but without the right tools
you have to MAKE them and that's tricky, sounds like someone broke the
Bakelite sleeve pulling the old bushings out and just left it.

I have the bushings, I think... and I think I have some of the Bakelite
sleeves too.

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com