[T3] T3 Front end bushings

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Dec 22 07:16:42 PST 2012

On 21 Dec 2012 at 21:17, Keith Park wrote:

> Pmail me for the FAQ, Ill send it.
>
> The bushing is a press fit into the sleeve, but the bushing wont break
> apart... it's a bronze bushing with a Teflon coating, it will bend, but not
> break, although it could be cut apart.  You should see the Bakelite sleeve
> in there, its about 1.5" deep.

Do you have new bushings, Keith? I've never seen one and none of the
old bushings I have removed from old beams show any signs of Teflon.
They're just silver colored, like rod bearings, but full circle.

If you've got new ones, bring one to the next invasion and I'll bring
one of mine, so we can compare.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org