[T3] Diagnostics

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Dec 22 18:38:43 PST 2012

On 22 Dec 2012 at 8:50, Terrie Ann Schmearer wrote:

> Right after purchasing my Fastback I purchased the How to Keep Your VW
> Alive book and the Bentley Service Manual. I was all excited about
> learning to work on my car. Unfortunately, when things stop working
> correctly I haven't got a clue what could be the problem. Does anyone
> know if there's a diagnostic or troubleshooting book out there for our
> cars?

For that, your best resource is right here. I don't know of any book
that will do as well, but the Bentley is the best one out there. The
Idiot's Guide is fun and has really good Karma, but it's more aimed
toward Beetles, and there are lots of differences that he doesn't
point out.

If you bring your symtpoms here, you'll get lots of suggestions and
eventually you'll get up to speed on doing your own troubleshooting,
which is the goal we'd all like to see you achieve.

Welcome to our world. What year is your fasty? Is it carbs or FI? If
you care to post your location, you might find one of us close enough
to you to be helpful in person.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org