[T3] fuel pump problem?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Dec 25 18:40:27 PST 2012

On 25 Dec 2012 at 17:59, jaredkohler at gmail.com wrote:

> I had the same type of issue with my 70 FI Fasty.
>
> Pulled the tank, flushed, boiled (radiator shop) and cleaned the screen.
>
> Also...
>
> Had the fuel pump rebuilt and installed new fuel hoses and fuel filter.
>
> Replaced the overflow hose. ISP. 10 bucks.
>
> So far so good.

The hose I tested swelled up to more than twice it's original
diameter when I exposed it to fuel. Would you mind checking yours and
letting me know if yours has suffered anything similar? It should be
easy to tell: Just reach up under the fender and feel the part. If
it's swollen, in addition to being oversize, it will also feel
extremely soft, which made me worry that it would also be much more
vulnerable to stones thrown by the tire.

I also rebuild the FI pumps, but it doesn't sound like she needs that
yet.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org