[T3] Fastback with fuel problem

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Dec 25 18:40:27 PST 2012

On 25 Dec 2012 at 17:52, jaredkohler at gmail.com wrote:

> The overflow hose under fender.
>
> http://www.vwispwest.com/311201179B.html?page=1

I bought one of their hoses before I came up with my kit. I was
hoping that someone actually had a good solution to this very common
and very important problem. I was disappointed. This is a B version
and made in Brazil. I don't know what it's for, but it's the wrong
part #. Early Type 3s take an A and late ones take a C. The A and C
are different lengths; I don't recall which length the B seemed to
be, but ISP sells this one to fit all the FI years, which is
impossible. The final straw was that this one was molded out of a
rubber that turned out to be incompatable with petroleum products.

In the end, I decided that I couldn't recommend it. That's the only
reason that I ended up making my kits. I wish this B option had
turned out better.

To be fair, this hose LOOKs like the real thing, while my kits don't,
but these parts don't show after they are installed.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org