[T3] Goin' to hell in a handcart!

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Dec 31 15:42:25 PST 2012

On 31 Dec 2012 at 16:09, Don Robertson wrote:

> Was there a lightning strike at or near your house rcently?

I actually thought about that, as it could explain the funky DSL
modem, but it wouldn't explain any of the other problems. The PC
problem, perhaps, but that seemed to be in the motherboard, not the
power supply, and it came on gradually, over about 4 days, not all at
once.

Plus, all my PC power and phone line goes thru a common surge
arrester. Melissa's (my wife's) PC does not have a surge arrester,
but that PC is fine. (So far - knock on wood.)

OTOH, I guess I didn't mention our other big irritant at about the
same time: more than 20" of snow in a single snowfall. And, yes, that
included some "thundersnow."

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org