[T3] rear quarter fixed window seals (cal-look) ? help!

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 09:54:45 PST 2012

In 1986 when I had my '69 Square repainted, the local glass shop
suggested using NEW length of "string" that is used by carpenters in
their chalk line tool.

He suggested 2+ wraps of the string, soaked in soapy water, around the
seal.  When the first wrap was pulled out, most of the seal seated in
the opening.  When the second wrap of string was pulled out, the
entire seal was in place.

Although carpenters string is a coarse, twisted string, it doesn't
have much stretch and being that it was pretty thin and soaked in
soapy water, it was "kind" to the paint.

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)