[T3] fuel pump problem?

Terrie Ann Schmearer terrieann.schmearer at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 24 23:02:13 PST 2012

I'm having trouble with my FI Fastback. It started cutting out when accelerating uphill. It only seemed to happen when the gas tank got down to 1/4 tank. Later on 1/3 tank. Yesterday I was trying to drive up a long hill and it started at 1/2 tank and I could hear a loud whining noise coming from the front luggage compartment. I've had a new fuel sending unit in it for about 4 months now, so I don't think it's that. I could never get over the hill. I kept shifting down and ended up on the shoulder in 1st gear @ 10 mph and finally gave up and called a tow truck.