[T3] Modern Cars

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 13:41:40 PST 2012

You're right.

 ... the bills can add up REAL fast the the parts
prices are often MUCH higher than they are for older cars.

I had a right-rear window lift fail (Remember, Jim?)

The Honda dealer wanted $276.00 for the labor and part.  The failure
was a $.25 cent, plastic socket piece that operated the window lift.
Of course they can't sell you just the plastic part so you have to buy
the hold lift mechanism.  $68.00.
Plus a few dollars for Jim to install it.  All in all, under $100.00
... saved $176.00.

That PERFECT Cadillac wasn't so perfect after all, was it?  But I know
what you mean. Keith:  The modern cars and inspections can be pricey.

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)