[T3] New up date

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Mon Dec 31 16:32:55 PST 2012

My middle son got a new camera for Christmas and wanted to try out the video
part of it so I thought we would give it a go.  I found out most of the idle
problem. Jim suggested to spray some WD40 in the idle circuit and see if it
comes out both sides. Well I didn't have WD40 but I had PB blaster so I used
that.  Sure enough it was stopped up with some kind of trash.  Unplugged
that but it is still idling a little low so I checked the timing since we
swapped out the points. The timing is a tad low.  The Bentley says to line
the third line from the left on the timing marks with the center of the peep
hole on the Gen belt cover. l l ll  But the highest I can get it is the
second mark from the left.  I can't go any higher because the fitting on the
advance for the vacuum hose hits the generator.  I guess I didn't get the
distributor in there quite right during engine assembly.  Any suggestions on
pulling that shaft out so I can turn it a notch?  The car runs good but not
quite right as like I said the idle seems low, the plugs still try to foul a
little when the engine is cold and it still has a random slight skip every
once and a while as you may hear in the video. Anyway had fun just putting 6
miles on it today just circling the campus today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9Bji-dJSoY

Dennis Stiefel

72 Fastback FI MT