[T3] Two questions about throttle cables

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sun Jan 15 10:58:14 PST 2012

The heater cables are the same as the 1303 Beetles (SuperBeetles), so I
wouldn't think it worthwhile to make them yourself, but I guess eventually
even those will be hard to find.  If I still have my Variant in another 40
years, I think a new heater cable will be the least of my worries!  Are
people still allowed to drive at 105 yrs old?

The flexible conduit should not be that hard to find used - there's one on
each Type 3 scrapped.  Not everybody throws away spares!  I expect I've a
couple out in the shed.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club