[T3] brake line

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Thu Jan 19 12:58:48 PST 2012

In a message dated 1/19/2012 3:13:07 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
dhbadeer at gmail.com writes:

OK  thanks.

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 1:26 PM, Jim Adney  <jadney at vwtype3.org> wrote:

> On 19 Jan 2012 at 7:51, crash 69  wrote:
>
> > Does anyone have the correct measurement of the  hard line that goes
from
> > the rear "T" junction over the right  side (facing forward)?  I've got
the
> > engine and tranny out,  thinking this would be a good time to replace
that
> > line just to  be safe.
>
> With the engine and tranny out of the way, it should  be easy for you
> to measure it. OTOH, that line is out of the way and  never gives
> problems, so I'd tend to leave it alone.
>
>  If you really want to replace it, measure and see if something here
>  will do.
>
>  http://www.airheadparts.com/vintage-vw-parts/metal-brake-line-
>  (individual)

I just did this last fall on Wolfie, and I believe it was a 30 inch long
steel line that I used. It might be a little longer than stock, but once you
get  all the bends in place, it drops right in.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)