[T3] FW: retractable seat belts

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Fri Jan 20 16:48:03 PST 2012

Mine were aftermarket, a brand called Securon - still available (in the UK),
and fitted to a wide range of cars as original items.

As they weren't specifically for Type 3s, they were supplied with a range of
brackets and bolts.

They do quote particular models for the Type 3 - they are the same as they
specify for Beetles.
Type 3 KG are same as Type 1 KG.
They only list static for the Type 3 rear.
http://www.securon.co.uk/applications/app_list/ttoz/seat_belts_vw.htm

I agree with Jim's advice on cleaning - it makes a very big difference to
their flexibility and retraction.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club