[T3] Bad news on engine

Know One knowonelse at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 23 16:54:32 PST 2012

A place that is local to me (well within an hour or so) is AVP, at:
http://www.avp-worldwide.com/

I have not purchased an engine from them, but about 15 years ago they welded up a head from my Vanagon that I screwed up after they re-installed the valve seat that came out. I installed the push rod incorrectly and it broke out a chunk of the head when I fired it up. They do understand how to prevent valve seats from coming out in a Vanagon head (which is a common problem, but challenging to prevent).

They mention the differences in the late heads in their web pages, so based on my limited knowledge of that, they seem to know what they are doing. They offer engines, cases, heads, etc.

They have been around for a long time, but I don't know anyone who has first hand knowledge of their work. I suspect they supply to others who take the credit. I think someone on this list has one of their engines however.

I'd like someone who knows this stuff to check out their webpages to see if they offer what is needed for the late models.

Jeff '67 Sqbk