[T3] Non-Working Headlight

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sat Jan 28 05:41:27 PST 2012

I used copper grease on a Jetta starter wire that had become corroded.  I
cleaned the wire and terminal, and put on a thin coating of copper grease.
Worked fine for a week, then simply wouldn't pass the current.  When I
cleaned it off again and reassembled without the copper grease it worked
fine again, and continued to do so.  I've never trusted copper brease for
electrical connections since - you'd think it would be better than normal
grease, not worse!  I also used a smear on spark plug threads for some
years, but often got some misfiring after, and didn't connect the two.  I
use a drop of oil on the threads instead, and don't get problems any more.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club