[T3] Getting Ready -- Roof Rack

Brian Fye bfye at canyonville.net
Mon Jan 30 09:37:50 PST 2012

It is similar to the VW dealership racks in mounting and lay out.  You have
to drill holes in the roof.  But, the cross tubes are oval in shape and the
side tubes are rectangular but laid down so the wide side of the rectangle
is facing up, not out (if that makes sense).  To me, it is just more
streamlined.  Also, like the VW units, it comes with roof strips so that
your items don't sit directly on the roof.  I just have not installed them
as of yet.

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Gary Forsmo <gbforsmo at gmail.com> wrote:

> *Brian --
>
> I like your FoMoCo Roof Rack, too.  Clean & simple lines.
>
> I can't see the "different tube cross section".  What makes it different?
> How does it fasten to the roof?  What does the roof look like (mounting
> points) when the rack is NOT installed?
>
> Gary "Frito" -- '69 Variant, FI, MT
> Rockport, TX (winter)
> *