[T3] '69 Squareback

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 09:37:50 PST 2012

*Brion --

You wrote ....

*I just picked this vehicle up a few months ago as part of a package deal
in order to obtain a '66 Deluxe Bus (clean with 79K). I want to get it all
good as the original owner would like to purchase the Squareback. It was
her first car and she does not possess the skills to get her road worthy
again. Very clean car with low miles that just sat for years. Am I on the
right track?
*
1.  It sounds to me that you ARE on the right track.  And I'm one of those
"Keep It Original" VW owners.  Nothing against those who wish to "modify"
their VW's.  To each their own.

2.  Questions:  (anyone can weigh in, here)
*

   - *What is the purpose of the small, (approx.) 3", round, metal "plug"
   painted the body color, in the center of the front apron?*
   - *Does your '69 Squareback have both ... an ORIGINAL driver's-side AND
   passenger-side door mirrors?  If so, can you send me pictures to my E-mail
   address?  gbforsmo at gmail.com (Two or three views of each mirror would be
   helpful.)  I have been trying for years to see photos of what the ORIGINAL
   arms, mirror shape, mounting nut look like.  Even factory photos are not
   sufficient.
   *
   - *Does the Fastback body style have the VERY SAME door mirrors as the
   Squareback?*
   - *Do you have any spare parts for the '69 Squareback which you would be
   willing to sell?*

*Gary "Frito" -- '69 Variant, FI, MT*

*Rockport, TX (winter)*
*