[T3] Hello, Type 3 Noob from San Jose, CA

John Lai limerence1 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 7 08:14:36 PST 2012

Hello All,

I just bought a squareback last week that's been sitting for quite a number of years. The PO said the fuel system was giving him issues so there it sat. Looking to bring her back to life and learn about working on cars at the same time.

Pictures of her are here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/118254173536728907803/1969VolkswagonSquareback?authkey=Gv1sRgCOvc89SVzefcEg

This is my second VW. My other one is a 69.5 Ghia convertible that I got for my wedding last year.

I just ordered a Bentley manual and hope to start working on the car as soon as it comes in. Although it will eventually need it, I'm trying to hold myself back from doing searches for new tires, seats, etc. I need to focus on the essentials just to get her up and running first, and then go from there.

Hoping to get advice the group as I go along.

Thanks,

John