[T3] Bad news on engine

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Mon Jan 23 10:21:17 PST 2012

Well I got the news on the case and heads.  All are bad.  He said the case
was warped probably from the PO throwing a rod or getting to hot. The heads
are what I figured cracks around the spark plug holes.  So where can I get
these cracks fixed and how much is it going to be ball park figure.  I found
a new stock aluminum case at So. Ca Import.
http://www.socalautoparts.com/product_info.php/engine-case-855mm-stock-alumi
num-p-12374  Has anyone had any dealings with this place?  Good bad or ugly.
The shop that has my case wants $900 for a new one while this place wants
about $650.  My budget is getting close so I must save where I can.

Dennis Stiefel