[T3] '72 Type 3 Progress Report

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Jan 19 12:22:33 PST 2012

Dennis,

Let me see what I can find in the way of other distributors here.
Maybe I can come up with a cheaper solution for you. You say the dist
you sent me came from a different car; what about the dist from your
fasty?

Is your fasty MT or AT, the distributors are slightly different. I'd
like to give you the best option possible.

I'm assuming that you'd like to keep this as cheap as possible.

BTW, your clock and speedo looked so awful that once the clock
worked, I decided to see if I could refinish the bezels. They're done
now and they look great. The look so good, in fact, that you might
want to consider sending me the 3rd gauge so I can finish it to
match. I wouldn't charge much, and there's no extra charge for the
extra work on the clock and speedo. If the 3rd gauge had been here so
I could have done all three at the same time, I would have refinished
them all for free. As an alternative, I could tell you what paint I
used and you could do it there. What I found was a flat black, but a
semi-gloss would probably be a better match to the OE. I think the
flat black may actually be a better choice to reduce glare.

The clock is oiled and running and I'm adjusting it, but that's a
slow process.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org