[T3] *thwaaak* What Was That Sound?

Mark Fuhriman mfuhriman at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 14:14:24 PST 2012

Thanks for the replies.  I did not run over anything, the clutch cable
is intact, and I am sure the noise came from the transmission.  It
startled me enough that I immediately engaged the clutch, momentarily
shifted out of gear, coasted back downhill a couple of feet, and then
put it back into reverse to finish parking.  No noise the second time.
 And no change in performance on the drive home.  I guess it's
possible the reverse gear is going, although it "sounds" OK to me.  I
hardly ever find myself having to move in reverse up a steep hill, so
I guess I'll just watch it for a while.  I just hope that by the time
something like this needs a rebuild there will be a competent
rebuilder in my area.

Mark
'69 Fastback