[T3] '74 Type 3s?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Jan 28 21:28:15 PST 2012

A few years ago the topic of Type 3s assembled in Austrailia came up,
and it was mentioned that the Aussys had parts left over after the
end of production in Germany. Those parts were apparently assembled
and sold as RHD '74 Type 3s, in Austrailia and possibly in New
Zealand.

Anyone here have one of those '74s? Anyone here have a Type 3
assembled in Austrailia?

This came up as I tried to register on the VW Type 3 registry:

http://www.type3registry.com

They have quite a few Type 3s registered there, but I can't seem to
log in. Anyone else had trouble? I've contacted the owner; he's
looking into it.

It looks like a nice site. I see Toby's orange square there, and
there are lots of others. I was amazed to see that there actually 108
Type 34s registered worldwide, including 60 in the US alone.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org