[T3] Weird Idle Problem

R. David rdavid at rochester.rr.com
Mon Jul 2 21:09:32 PDT 2012

[[[Lately my idle has started being really high, high enough to make my 69
Square (D-Jet) do the revving dip thing when it's cold.]]]

Sounds like you ~may~ have an air leak into your IAD. One possibility is
your AAR. It is supposed to allow enough air into the IAD to slightly
increase the idle on a cold engine, then when it warms up it cuts off this
extra air so that the idle is set by the idle speed screw. So when the
engine is cold; you should feel a suction on the AAR intake hose that comes
from air cleaner, and when it's warm there should be very little suction on
this hose (or none at all).

Do you get this scenario?

Dave Pallo
'72 Square ~ "Elwood"