[T3] Fuel Pump Frenzy

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Jul 4 15:30:41 PDT 2012

On 4 Jul 2012 at 12:02, John L. Morgan IV wrote:

> The Ranger fuel pump solved all my woes. Do this!

There are just 2 FI fuel pump problems that I see.

1) Water & dirt in the gas tank due to a cracked overflow hose. The
only fix for this is to buy my overflow hose repair kit. It's cheap.
If you do this quickly, there's no harm to the pump, so there's no
need to replace it. Of course if you let it sit for a few years, then
the pump will have to be repaired or replaced.

2) Broken relief valve in the OE pump. I can fix this for less than
the cost of the Ranger pump, and it lets you stick with the original
wiring and connector.

Other than that, I've not seen the Ranger pump, but it sounds like a
reasonable solution, but you STILL have to fix the overflow hose
problem.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org