[T3] Pictures of the Eggcrate with the Body done

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 09:46:45 PDT 2012

That was supposed to be bumpers, not numbers. :O

Those were the ones you had so much trouble with right? I was just wanting
to know how they turned out, as they look good in the pics. You sent them
to  Tennessee to be done right?

I'm only asking, because I'm looking at having my T-34 bumpers done.

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)

To ask a similar question, as Bob did ...

After a quick install of my front bumper, before the "custom" towing
base plate was bolted up to the axle beam, I realized that having it
stored in a garage attic and barn for 20+ years didn't do the chrome
any favors.

The '69 Square being towed from Wisconsin to Colorado Springs and
back, went fine.  But the chrome REALLY needs to be redone.  It's
pretty ugly, at present.

Does anybody have good "re-chrome" source?  I'm willing to send them
off if the quality is 1) affordable and 2) produces good results.

I used to have a sign hanging in my office.  It was a triangle with
words at each point.  The words were: Good; Fast; Cheap.
Below it said: PICK ANY TWO!

The message was clear.  Anything could be done:
Good & Fast ... but it won't be cheap.
Fast & Cheap ... but it won't be good.
Good & Cheap ... but it won't be fast.

Good chrome shop?  Anyone?

How were the backside of bumpers finished by VW in Germany?

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)